Sunday 10 May 2009

Love You Mum!

This is my "card" for my Mum today. I saw a paper covered block canvas here on the Hero Arts Club blog when I was blog-surfing reading last weekend and thought I would adapt the idea a bit and use it for my own message of love.

This canvas is a 5 by 7 inch block canvas and I have wrapped the paper so that it covers the sides as well. It looks quite sweet sitting on its own little wooden easel (which isn't in the photo above!)

I absolutely adore the paper I used as the background - it is the Chablis one from the Basic Grey Periphery range. The chipboard letters have been painted with gesso and then inked and embossed in white as has the floral/flourish stamp on the french text page. The blue paper flowers and the background have been colour-intensified with gorgeous blue and gold Glitz Spritz sprays and I used some of those cute miniature buttons that I think are designed for doll makers. Such fun to make - I think I will have to try some more of these!

This afternoon I am heading off to Leonora as I have several days out bush with work so I am off now to collect up some bits and pieces that I can sew while I am away. Must remember to take a lamp - the rooms in outback town "hotels" (and I use the term very loosely) are notoriously poorly lit although with four nights in different rooms I will hopefully have some luck with the lighting. At least I am not having to rough it in a swag (especially lucky as the temperatures inland are really dropping now at night even though the days are quite mild).

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums and nanas out there!

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Your canvas is absolutely adorable. Your Mum will love it.

Trizzy said...

I just love this - like all your work - please accept the blog award I have given you - just visit my blog to see the details - hugs....

Gaye Todd said...

Bet your Mum loved it... just beautiful! x

Anneke said...

what a beautiful canvas debbi