One of the many things I love about my work is that I get lots of variety and get to "go bush". BUT I must admit the travel plays havoc with my real life (especially blogging and blog-reading)! I've had withdrawal symptoms from a week without them and have just spent a lovely couple of hours browsing blogs and other sites.
So to catch up with everything - while I was away I did work on my May Calendar Girl postcard and I finished it off this morning (as shown in the scan at the top of this post). It was inspired (and I use the word loosely) by this Monet painting.
My postcard is a mixture of machine and hand-needle felting and if you want to see more postcards inspired by the Monet painting, pop over here!
While I was away I received two ATCs from a small group trade. These ones are from Doreen and Ann and are based on the letter "L". Love them both!
I also came back to find that two lovely bloggers, Teresa and Bevlea, have honoured me with the same award - the Kreativ Blogger Award. As always I am very honoured and even though I don't always pass awards on (mainly because I worry people won't want to accept and will feel awkward or obligated), I am going to pass this one on.
The Rules: List 7 things that you LOVE and link to the person who has tagged you. Choose 7 more bloggers to give the Kreativ Blogger Award to, then leave a comment on those 7 blogs to let the recipients know you chose them.
So here are the seven things that I love:
- My blended and extended family - I have the wonderful fortune of being step-mother to my husband's first two sons as well as mother to the two sons we have had together. Both step-sons now have families of their own so the love and the family keeps growing!
- My husband - quite apart from all the other things I love about him, he is my number one arty fan and is the reason I have so many art and craft supplies (he works on the principle that at least one of everything is a good idea!) and so many opportunities to live my bliss!
- Blogging - I just love the sharing, the stimulation and inspiration and the friendships!!
- Arting and crafting - I love to do it all (well, nearly) and I am sure I will need another eight lifetimes to try everything I want to do ! And because of all the fantastic fiendships that have come from these wonderful activities.
- Books & Art/Craft Magazines - I read a lot, always have, and I love to own books , but lately I have been showing a lot more restraint and I am using our local library for my fiction addiction (so that I can afford my magazines and non-fiction books!).
- My job - this is true most of the time!! I am very lucky to work in a job that, while frustrating at times, gives me enormous opportunities to experience both people and places that lots of city-living Australians don't get to know or see.
- Australia - we are SO lucky in SO many ways and don't always realize it!!
And because I am me and seven is just not enough, I have to add the following extras - nature, colour, wine, food, chocolate, travel and my home!
I award the Kreativ Blogger award to these blogs (in no particular order):
- Jenxo - A fellow Aussie, I always enjoy a visit to the very creative Jen's blog
- Danita - A fairly recent blog to me - as a result of Danita's gorgeous art in Somerset Studio
- Kristy - A long term favourite of mine - always creative and inspiring
- Clara - A recent ATC trading partner from Spain who has a lovely creative blog
- Chantal - An even more recent ATC trading partner from France
- Suzanne - Owner and designer of Oxford Impressions (and we all know how much I love OI stamps!) and of course Suzanne has a wonderful creative blog
- Carole - A wonderful ongoing trading partner of all things creative!
Phew! That's it for now, I am off to make some decadent Brownies.