Monday 26 January 2009

Some Oxford Impressions Stamped Sweetness

The latest Oxford Impressions stamp plate is something completely different - a very fun and sweet plate of fairy cupcake sweetness. I love being part of Suzanne's Design Team as it exposes me to different stamps and keeps me on my toes design-wise. The hardest thing for me is to stay true to my "style", whatever that is! I am so easily influenced by what other people are doing and creating but of course I don't just want to do the same so I try and stay vigilant.

Here are a couple of pieces I made yesterday using this new "Fairy Sweets" plate. The first one uses some fancy brads that match the paper (I think that is such a good idea!!). I also got to use my new Stampin'Up scallop edge punch - love love love it! Naturally I had to include some stitching.
This second one uses a large chipboard flower that I coloured using Adirondak Color Wash sprays and also some Glitz Spritz for a bit of sparkle. The good old white gel pen and sewing machine were used too and I applied some lovely adhesive felt flower trim.

I am waiting for the glitter to dry on my cupcake "icing" so that I can finish another card. I had to really search for my glitter glue (how long since that saw the light of day?) but I think I can feel a glitter revival about to happen - it was so much fun making sparkly pretty stuff!

3 comments:

Jen xo said...

Debbi, how lucky are you getting to play with new stamps!
Love your art work.
I struggle with my style too and since the dog chewed the sewing machine lead , i am struggling even more!!! happy australia day jenxo

Viv said...

Two lovely pieces Debbi

Night Owl Designs said...

both of these cards but I think the second one is my favorite (love the little girl in the flower!)