Sunday 7 December 2008

This and That!

Just a quick little post this morning before I get myself organised for the train trip this afternoon. Thought I would share some good news - I am sure everyone knows how much I LOVE Stampington publications (especially Somerset Studio) but since they started publishing "Sew Somerset" I have had to add that as a favourite too!

Anyway I recently received a complimentary copy as I had four fibre postcards included in the latest edition. That was pretty exciting and really helped offset some of my recent computer woes, but I have just discovered that I actually have something else in there as well so I just got excited all over again! It was especially nice as my fellow West Australian Sue Smith is on the same page. I haven't had time to read the whole book (it seems too substantial to be called a magazine) so I hadn't seen this other piece.
These are scans of the pages that have my pieces on them. The whole book is absolutely gorgeous - it has a really wide range of styles included and has the most beautiful cover which features Ruth Rae's gorgeous quiltie - I really wish I could let myself go and make such lovely "free" pieces. It amazes me how much I can love it when it is someone else's work yet if it is mine I have to neaten it up and cut off threads etc. Apparently I am not alone with this affliction so that makes me feel a bit better about it!

(From Gaby)

I have also had a wonderful week mail-wize. I received these stunningly gorgeous ATC trades and vintage book pages from Gaby (who is very patiently waiting for me to finish mine for her!) and this fabulous selection of papers and skeleton leaves and other stuff from Katherine. There are heaps more hidden under those papers on my scanner - makes me want to get making ATCs straight away. Katherine is also patiently waiting for me to get to the post office! Thank you so much both of you - your packages have really brightened my week.


(From Katherine)

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday afternoon - I'll be back in blog-world on Tuesday night hopefully.

9 comments:

Myra said...

Whooo Hooo Debbi! I told you your work was fabulous, didn't I? LOL I am honored to have a couple of your pieces in my possession. Congratulations!

Sam Marshall said...

Congratulations on the publication! Thanks for sharing these fabulous pieces.

Brenda said...

Congratulations! How fantastic.

carole brungar said...

Congrats Debbi on getting your work published! I love this book/mag and have flicked thru it in the book shop, but with the exchange rate so bad it will cost over 50.00 to purchase! wicked! I'll just have to keep drooling in public! lol
Have a safe trip!
Carole

Sue McGettigan said...

Congratulations Debbi, that's great news! I'll have to grab a copy of that issue, I totally agree it's more of a book than a magazine.

Night Owl Designs said...

Congrats Debbi! How excitement!

Jen Crossley said...

Congratulations Debbi You so deserve this your work is stunning.You sure did have a great mail day
Jen

Genie said...

Congratulations Debbie

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Hi my gorgeous friend! I was so excited to see that we're sharing a page in Sew Somerset!!! I just haven't had enough time to blog about it to the world yet!

Hope the wedding is fabulous!

xx