Saturday 13 December 2008

The First Day of Christmas!

This morning I opened up my "First Day" gift for the 12 Days of Christmas project! Such fun. Jacky Williams has made these gorgeous and very sweet Klimt Angels and this is my one. I am going to dangle her above my art desk as we don't have a Christmas tree (we will be out of town and visiting with family over Christmas & the New Year). Jacky packaged the angels beautifully too - love the tags.
And while I should probably wait for Carole to actually receive this door hanger, as I haven't posted much of anything of my own making for so long I am sneaking in a picture or two! For November we agreed to swap decorated door hangers or tags and as I had a blank wooden one on hand I have used that. It hasn't photographed particularly well because of the glare of the transparency and the flower jewel but it looks nice in real life.

I have used a lovely Basic Grey paper as the background, plus some rub-on borders, chip board letters that I have coloured and stamped and of my favourite sari ribbons - I just love them! I printed the image on a transparency and ran it through the xyron before cutting it out. I love the way the background peaks through the dress. I had to do a bit of blocking out behind the face to stop it looking diseased!

Now I am off to make the most of the sunshine and get my washing done.

3 comments:

Jen xo said...

Jacky's klimt angel is gorgeous and i love the doorhanger , very romantic looking...jenxo

Genie said...

Angel and doorhanger look lovely
Happy Xmas

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Deb, just like you.
See you soon - yeah! xx