Tuesday 13 November 2007

A New Blog & Some Great Mail!

My very very talented friend Sue Smith (who lives wayyyyyyyy toooooo far from me) has finally given in and started a blog!! Sue has a really special touch - her paper arts creations are regularly in Stamping & Papercraft and she is also getting published (more and more!) in Stampington's Stamper's Sampler. Did I mention she is also a gorgeous person and I am so lucky to be her friend! Keep an eye on this blog - you'll love it!

Today I also received these two lovely fibre ATCs from Nadia Bekker in the Netherlands - Nadia doesn't have a blog but she found me via the net and we agreed to trade ATCs. Hers have arrived very fast and I haven't even finished mine! Blame the jigsaw pieces which I am still working on!! I haven't finished them either so I can't show them yet but I am "getting there"! Instead I am posting a scan of a spread I did for a lovely white on white deco a while back. Looking at this makes me realize how much I like "simple"!


4 comments:

sharon young said...

Hi Debbi
I see what you mean, this is so simple yet really effective, we do certainly get caught up in the shere joy of colour sometimes and forget how wonderfully quiet and peacful the neutrals can be.
Looking forward to seeing your friend Sue's work.
BTW you were right , the counter was a great surprise, but I haven't yet worked out wheather some of the hits are mine or not, I can't quite believe that i've notched up 90 something hits since Sunday!!!!

Unknown said...

Simple but very lovely!!!!

Danielle D said...

Oh, the ATCs are lovely - the one on the right is so elegant and simple. It's vey hard to be restrained - I'm jealous of your friend.

Lovely work in the deco book - I'm wracking my brain, but I think I worked in that one too... It's all been so long ago.

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Thanks for your lovely kind words and encouragement to blog. Hope I can live up to it all! I've had some lovely people visit me already via you, dear friend.