Monday 7 September 2009

You are my sunshine...

Recently I was asked by Cardmaking, Stamping & Papercraft (CPS) to participate in a feature celebrating song lyrics and this was the song that jumped straight into my mind!! I had to go with it as it was so instinctive...

This card is in the current magazine issue and guess what - my blogging pal on the other side (of Australia) Sephi Kemp went with the same lyrics on her card!! Some songs just stick! My card uses a very large and particularly gorgeous detailed quarter circle stamp by Fancy Pants.

PS Blogging time is in short supply at present but I am back from the bush and trying hard to get myself back into my creative routine - yesterday was however completely absorbed in overdue paperwork and tax stuff ... it was a lousy way to spend Sunday but it is certainly better out of the way and I am of course promising myself that I am not ever leaving it to pile up again!

7 comments:

sharon young said...

What a lovely sunshine card, a great spirit raiser after doing paperwork on a Sunday, poor you.

Robin Mac said...

Gorgeous card Debbi - I wonder how long the resolution about not letting the paperwork accumulate will last!!! Cheers, Robin

kelsey said...

I did see this card in my mag and was happy to read your name in there again, gorgeous as usual Debbi!

I hear you on the tax stuff, mine is finally with the accountant and getting all sorted....promises made to myself not to leave it in such a mess next year....we'll see!!! lol

Anneke said...

i know the son and the card is sunny and colorfull

Marrijane said...

Of course it was instinctive.... you are the sunshine! Love seeing it shine out from you here. xx

lindacreates said...

Your card is beautiful Debbi! Congratulations on getting it published. Linda

Night Owl Designs said...

Hehehehe, great minds, eh Debbi! LOL