Monday 13 April 2009

A Little Bit of Marie Prettiness

Suzanne at Oxford Impressions has recently produced three plates of unmounted stamps on a Marie Antionette/vintage French theme and they are just gorgeous! I have the first two plates so far and have been playing around with the images a bit over Easter. Quite a different style for me to use and a lot of fun.

I am really looking forward top receiving the third plate "French Script" as it has lots of background and text images - my idea of heaven in stamps! This collage (above) uses images from the "Marie Antionette" and "Beau Monde" plates. The tinted silver doily behind the "doll" was one I had used as a stencil in a Traci Bautista workshop and it had a lovely bluish-pinkish hue so in the true spirit of Marie extravagance I stuck it on and added rhinestones as well. The white lace is real and the black lace is that beautiful self-adhesive stuff that you buy on a roll.

I have started so many different projects this weekend - so far most are only "underway" and will get finished off after work this week hopefully. One of the things I am working on is some "fabric" postcards for Cecile at Unique Stitching's "Floral Fantasy" Postcard Fundraiser for the Red Cross. If you are interested in participating, see here for details. Cecile is offering great prizes to encourage us all! "Fabric" is being loosely interpreted for this event which suits me fine - it means I can use my fabric paper and some of those gorgeous serviettes that I "collect".

PS I can't get over how much quicker it is to blog, when you only add one photo to a post!!

2 comments:

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Oh, she's gorgeous Deb! I think you're going to have a lot of glamourous fun working with these new plates! Miss you xo

Night Owl Designs said...

Love your Marie card Debbi - lovely soft colours. Love the hint of black in her skirts!