Saturday 4 April 2009

A bit more catch-up!


As I have mentioned before, at the Creative Soul Retreat many of us traded little houses (made of chipboard and individually decorated) and I have now assembled my collection on the ledge of the whiteboard in my office at work. They look fantastic altogether.

These photos showed them propped on the ledge but I have since added a tiny blob of blutack behind each one so they stand up straight and don't get knocked off the ledge. The beauty of the blutack is that I can rearrange my little village whenever I want!

Carol Taylor was my partner in February for the Calendar Girl Postcard exchange and this was the postcard she was inspired to make. It is so gorgeous and textural!! Check out my earlier post here to see the picture of the unicorn that was the inspiration for February's postcards.

Yesterday I received another of the Surface Design Technique ATCs - this one is from Judy Alexander and she, like me, based her technique on puffy paint but what a different result. Love those swirly shapes. You can read about Judy's technique here.

Just a quick post as it is a glorious sunny autumnal day here and I want to go outside and do some fabric sun-printing. Going to make the most of the weather and have a dusk barbecue tonight. I am hoping tomorrow is sunny too as it is the monthly Trash and Treasure market day and I love a bit of a fossick!

3 comments:

Sam Marshall said...

The houses are just beautiful! Love the postcards, too.

Anna said...

Those houses are an awesome collection, how much fun is that to dress up your office with that fabulous art!

Michele/TextileTraveler said...

Those little houses all lined up are just amazing! I love Judy's ATC; I haven't received yours yet, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.