Monday 2 February 2009

And today is Monday!

It seems that my ability to come up with a half-way decent post title has deserted me so I am resorting to days of the week again! This is another of my Oxford Impressions cards - this one is made using a favourite image from the "The Family Man" plate of stamps. Because it is stamped on a photocopy of a ration book (to get some detail in the background) I have stamped it again on a plain piece of cardstock and used the main part of the image on top of the first stamped image. That way the face doesn't have lines all over it! The antique photo frame is from an Oxford Impressions collage sheet. There are a few metal embellishments, a strip of patterned twill and a tiny bit of German gold scrap but this is a pretty simple card and I think the sewn layers frame it nicely. Incidentally the black and white print is not part of the card although I'm actually tempted to add another layer now that I see it on the scan!

And today I received another wonderful technique ATC - this one is from Margaret Roberts in the UK. Margaret has used a painted paper towel technique incorporating stitching and the result is fantastic - beautifully textured and gorgeously coloured! It has much more of a gleam than shows up in my scan. Have a look at Margaret's blog to see more.

I am away for the next few days with work but the good thing is that this time I am heading to the coast and hopefully will get to enjoy some cooler weather! See you when I get back Thursday night...

5 comments:

Jen xo said...

love your card Debbi and i am off to check out the atc more. it looks really interesting. hope you get some lovely sea breezes and some relief form this awful weather! jenxo

juliaD said...

Hi Debbi,
Hope all is well in W.A....a bit too much weather for me here...
Love your gentleman caller card..the colours are just you...the detail as always so precise, love your work..
I have nominated you for thr MAire Antoinette REAL person award..see my blog for details....xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love it! You should send that scan to Oxford Impressions. I know they would love to show it off!
(Grin!)
Suzanne

Night Owl Designs said...

Hi Debbi, This is such a great man's card! Love the green.

Anna Matthews said...

Absolutely love your card!