Wednesday 3 December 2008

When your hard drive dies...

Let me tell you - it is seriously painful confronting stuff when your hard drive completely dies (unexpectedly!) I have had serious withdrawal issues for the last several days and of course tonight while I sit trying to adjust to a new (wonderful even if unplanned) computer I am also coming to grips with everything that is lost! Thank goodness I bought a portable disk drive and backed up a lot of stuff about a month ago!!

But there are still some big gaps - bookmarks (again!), emails from over the last month (so I will be trying to track down addresses for trades etc that I committed to before the crash) and of course lots of other stuff. If I owe you a trade or anything it is probably a really good idea (and very helpful) if you email me with your address etc. One thing I did find though - I was much more productive last weekend as a result of no blog reading!!

So this post is just to let you know I haven't disappeared or given up blogging or anything and I will be "back to normal" soon!

10 comments:

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
Glad to see you back.
Cheers

Jen xo said...

oH Debbi, what a shame, we become so dependant on them dont we?

Nice to see back and hope your new one is twice as fast so you can do do twice as much blog surfing! lol! jenxo

Aussie Jo said...

My sympathies, I know how it feels. After two hard drive deaths I'm still loading stuff back on.

Myra said...

Sending calming thoughts your way Debbi. I had that happen about 4 years ago and oh what a mess!

Brenda said...

You poor thing. I've had a few scares but, crossed fingers, not had it happen to me. My computer is programmed to automatically back up every couple of days onto my external hard drive. I don't even have to remember (which is just as well, as I would forget). Glad to have you back.

Jen Crossley said...

Oh Debbi I know how you feel and this has happened to me twice and Im afraid try not to think about it too much or it will eat you up I know
Jen

Jen Crossley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
artisbliss said...

It's sobering to realize how dependent we've become on our techno toys. Glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

I wondered what had happened to you. Glad to see you are back with us and sharing your inspirations once again. Good luck tracking all your friends down ... or rather the good luck will be when they find you once again. take care.

Nic Hohn said...

Yes our computers are a valuable tool...just like our paints and threads.