Saturday 20 December 2008

The Eighth Day of Christmas

Jo Wholohan made our very special gifts for this the eighth day of Christmas - individual tiny little painted wooden blocks that came in their special stamped and embellished felt pouches! Jo has got into whimsical face paintings in a big way and this little sweetheart is amazing - Jo obviously has a steady hand and I love the way she used green and pink colours for me! I'll be finding somewhere very special in my house for this little painting to live. And as with all the gifts, this one came beautifully wrapped with a gorgeous little decorated tag.

Last night I finished making this simple little felt Christmas decoration for my grand-daughter Skye. I can't claim to be a "real" Nanna but both of my stepsons, Joseph and Jacob, have children now and I reckon that "Nanna-hood" is worth claiming as soon as you can. I am, however, hoping that our other two sons Josh and Zach take several more years to make me more of a Nanna.
I decided for her first Christmas that we would start a little ritual and every year I would give her a Christmas ornament in it's own little box or bag. Skye is now three and a half so this is year four, but it is the first one I have made rather than bought. The colour of the hot pink felt hasn't come through on the scan (it is the one colour that I don't seem to be able to get accurate when it comes to felt) but it is the same as the ribbon in real life. The whole ornament is VERY bright and I am pretty sure it will appeal to Skye!

9 comments:

Genie said...

lovely ornaments Debbie
i made some for my grandaughter as well this year she,s not quite 3
Happy holidays

Carol said...

Your ornaments are gorgeous, Debbie. I wondered what I'd be making for next Christmas. Now I know! And your 12 days of Christmas gifts received are just amazing. Have been following each day with great anticipation and interest.

sharon young said...

Beautiful, Debbi, I love the way you've scanned it against the candy stripe BG, I'm sure Skye will love it.

Barbara said...

Dear Debbie,
merry christmas and a happy New Year....I am always watching your wonderful work...
Kisses Barbara

artisbliss said...

Yearly ornaments are a tradition at my house. My oldest boy will be married early next year and will take his ornaments with him. Bittersweet, but that's what the idea was when we started the collections. I have given one to his fiancee every year since he's been dating her, so they should have a nice little collection to get started with.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sue McGettigan said...

I love your ornaments - Merry Christmas Debbi, hope you're having a lovely, warm, fun family day :)

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Wonderful ornaments you made Deb.Also how amazing is that 12 days of Christmas exchange you have participated in.Lovely work from everyone.Merry Christmas
hugs
Annette

Unknown said...

Fabulous Deb!

Red Hen (dette) said...

These are lovely. The recipients will be thrilled I'm sure!