Sunday 16 November 2008

Why is it?

I love this photo - I took it on the Esperance jetty -
it amazes me that a plant can survive in such a harsh spot -
surrounded by wood, bitumen and blue metal!

From Jacky Williams - Oriental ATC trade (and extras!)

Why is it that the project you are working on and that MUST be finished pronto is not the one you are wanting to work on!! I am sure it doesn't just happen to me. Maybe it means I like the planning more than the doing... or maybe it means I suffer "from the grass is greener on the other side of the fence" syndrome!

Anyway I pushed through it today and finished the big project that I was working on (I'll share later as it is a secret sort of swap for the 12 Days of Christmas) and that meant I had a little bit of time left to play with some other stuff. So I pulled out my beeswax and made a few ATCs and did a few other bits and pieces. Nothing to show at this stage from my activities today as I just have a lot of stuff "in progress". But what I can share is some of the beautiful art I have received and some more textured surfaces that are in progress.


Textured Surface - Progress shot of painted molding paste on fabric

Textured Surface - Progress Office of painted molding paste of fabric

Textured Surface - Progress Shot - painted molding paste and puff paint on fabric

Textured Surface - Progress Shot - painted embellished fabric

Textured Surface - Painted & Varnished Sewn Fabric Strips

Textured Surfaces - Progress Shot - Tyvek strips woven, painted,
distressed and stitched to canvas ready for painting

11 comments:

Unknown said...

gorgeous samples Debbi!

Viv said...

Textured surfaces are lovely ... have been so busy this last week so it has been great to drop into your blog again and take away the stresses ....thank you.

Brenda said...

The textured surfaces are looking wonderful. Love the photo of the little plant surviving in an amazing way.

Jacky said...

Debbi I love all of these textured surfaces you are working on...especially those involving fabric.
Lots of lovely eye candy as always.

Jacky xox

Anonymous said...

great textures Debbi - I am looking forward to seeing what you turn them into! hgus xK

Anonymous said...

oh - ps - I just tagged you! xK

Dianne said...

These textured surfaces are really gorgeous, I too haven't been on too may blogs but I want you to know your always in my heart my dear Ozzy friend. I see your work is just a fantastic as always. Thanks for stopping by my blog. We are all so busy now for yes, Christmas, hate to even think about it but its time for all the carda and gifts to be done, I wish us all luck::)

artisbliss said...

Nice surfaces, Debbi. What is molding paste? Is it known as something else in the US maybe?

Shelly said...

Oh my, your works in progress make me swoon !! Lovely, lovely pieces.
So true about the focus issue on current projects.
:-)
Shelly

Linda B said...

oooh fabtacular...I just knew that somebody brilliant was playing with texture...I was drawn in like a moth to a flame :)

Jen Crossley said...

WOW I love these Debbi amazing textures
Jen