Monday 8 September 2008

Taking Flight!!

(Kelly Rae print)

No not me (except metaphorically!!) Today was just wonderful - I received my pre-ordered copy of the beautiful and very inspiring Kelly Rae Robert's book "Taking Flight"! One of the advantages of pre-ordering was that Kelly Rae included a lovely print as well! I am SO happy - I just want to go to bed and read my beautiful new book. So far a quick look (very quick as I really want to SAVOUR this book) has made it perfectly clear that I am going to just LOVE this book. Love all the butterflies...

To make my week even better, my sister is coming on Wednesday to stay for a few days. She lives in Melbourne (for anyone who is geographically challenged like me that is a long way from me!). Such bliss...

And to share some good blog news - my friend and sometime trading partner, Ruth Kelly (who lives over in Canberra) has started a blog! Check it out here. Ruth was the creator of this beautiful canvas that is now beautifying my reading nook.

6 comments:

juliaD said...

Hi Debbie, I read your comment to Kelly Rae...I have received it too, and the lovely postcard..I have done two new pieces already and am thrilled with the techniques...look forward to your new work..I am in Melbourne and wish there were more Mixed media gals here...I would love to start an Australian group...I recently attended a Art Retreat here in MAy at Swinburne did you attend that?...xx

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Hey, Debbi. Long time no see, as they say. How've you been? Just wanted to stop off and say hello. That book looks wonderful, by the way!

Kari

kelsey said...

I'd seen this book on Amazon and wondered about it, sounds like you think it's absolutely worth it!!! Might have to see if Natalie can get them in at work to sell at Scraptivate! One can never have enough good art books. lol

Jo Wholohan said...

ooOOOOoo cant wait to get mine :))

Lorri said...

Oh Debbi, Thanks for sharing. I am going to fly over and look for that book! Lucky you to have a gorgeous print too :)
I am going to go say hello to your friend Ruth too.
xo

Charmingdesigns said...

I just picked up this book. I can't wait to give it try...so I am am now checking out blogs where the book is mentioned...what fun I am having this morning. Laurie