Tuesday 2 September 2008

Beautiful Mail!!

Today I received this fantastic canvas from Ruth Kelly over in Canberra. I just love all the inclusions - rusted fabric, the feathers, the stamping, the mica and that beautiful diecut!! Ruth has just started a blog but hasn't gone public yet but I'll share the link as soon as I know it!

Yesterday I received a fabulous ATC sized booklet in a one on one exchange with Carole in New Zealand - my camera is not good enough (nor is the photographer!!) to get a good photo so have a look over here on Carole's blog. (It is worth seeing the booklet all together - it is so textural and full of variety!) These are scans of the individual pages - backs and fronts (I took them all off the ring binder for the scanning). I was late getting my booklet in the mail to Carole so I won't share pictures until she receives it.

And here are some bits of the alcohol inks/iridescent paint and masking fluid backgrounds I have been making lately - such fun!!

PS I'm off to Wiluna (again) for the next few days for work so will be without computer access. See you on Friday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Really gorgeous. Have a save trip!

sharon young said...

Wow!! the canvas is amazing , what a great sense of composition Ruth has, I look forward to seeing her blog.
Your ATC booklet looks great too, what a lovely idea.
Your BG's are gorgeous, look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Debbi
Just popping in to let you know that I have nominated you for a 'I Love your Blog' award over at my place ... do hope you will have the time to play ... OOroo ... Bethel

Anonymous said...

Yowza! What beautiful backgrounds! The colors are amazing, and I love all the cool effects you are getting... swirls and whorls and dots, oh my! :)

I'd love to see some tips on how you've done some of those, if you're so inclined. I've never heard of masking fluid before, I will have to do a little research on the subject.