Thursday 11 September 2008

An ATC Art Journal

Carole and I are having a bit of trading fun and for August we agreed to make ATC sized art journals for each other. There were no other requirements or restrictions so we could really please ourselves as to what we created. Carole was more organised than me and got hers to me on time - here is a photo of her amazing little journal on a ring.

(From Carole)
The individual pages from Carole's booklet are shown here.

Now that Carole has received the one I made (further delayed while NZ Customs examined it apparently) I can post some pictures. I had a terrible time getting a decent shot having only a very basic little camera but it is a mixture of painted and stamped papers and fabric to create a little sewn journal with a see-through ATC pocket on the front and a ribbon closure.

(Front)

(Back)

I wrapped lace and fibres vertically around some of the pages and used paper clips to hold in some little bits and pieces on the pages - sort of temporary storage and to create a bit of a surprise.

It is a lot brighter than it looks in my terrible photos - the scan of the little ATC (out of its pocket and at the top of this post) shows the colours more accurately.

PS My sister Marrijane (who lives in Melbourne) arrived yesterday afternoon for a visit for the next few days so I am one very happy little person! I have to go to work today but I have leave for tomorrow so that I can make the most of her company!

9 comments:

Gaye Todd said...

Absolutely, fantabulous - love it! Have fun with your Sis!

Gaye x

carole brungar said...

I'm getting to spend a weekend with my sis next weekend! Can't wait!
I've left a little something for you on my blog! :) Carole

gunnelsvensson said...

This is really beautiful! and such a good idea!

Gaby Bee said...

Magnificently executed, Debbi. A striking and exciting little booklet! A really fabulous idea.

carolann said...

Absolutely stunning work well done hun xxxx

Viv said...

Brill booklet.

Val said...

What a fabulous idea Deb - I love small things and this is absolutely gorgeous.

Dot said...

Oh - what a wonderful idea! You have both done such gorgeous work!

Dot said...

P.S Hope you had a lovely time with yoru sister!