Sunday 1 June 2008

May Calendar Girl Postcard

If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that I am participating in a postcard exchange with 12 other women scattered over the UK, US & Australia. We are each exchanging one postcard a month for a year so that by the end of the year we will all have a postcard from everyone else. Our postcards are inspired by the monthly picture in a friendship calendar we are all using.

This month this was the calendar page and below is the postcard I made for Sharon. I used the daisy as my inspiration as I didn't find the colour scheme very appealing. If you want to know a bit more about the process I used see here. The postcard is based on a decorator napkin/paper serviette. I really want to get my June postcard made earlier in the month this time as I only finished May last night, which was too close to the deadline for peace of mind!

5 comments:

Sue McGettigan said...

Your postcard is so pretty - I just went to a needlework exhibition today, you would have loved it! Lots of beading, needlework, and mixed media fiber work by talented locals, really fun to see. Love the colors and the beading in your postcard!

Doreen G said...

All those beads Debbi--you are a champion and you have made such a beautiful card--

Annie said...

The postcard looks great Deb!

Jodene said...

This is just beautiful Debbi! Gorgeous work as always :)

sharon young said...

Thanks again, Debbi , for making this wonderful PC for me I am delighted, it's extremely pretty.
Thanks too for you B-day wishes.
Congrats too for making it into Sew Somerset this issue