Monday, 31 March 2008

Think Monday - Think ATC - Texture Effects

A quick morning post to upload the ATC I made last night for the TMTA challenge this week of "Texture Effects". This is my first entry this year so I am a bit slow getting back into these weekly challenges...

This one has a painted (Lumieres) and stamped (text) piece of tyvek which has been distressed by ironing (sounds cruel?) to get the textured effect. I've stitched it to cardstock with wire. I was looking for a suitable embellishment and found this little "model magic" mask that I made as part of a workshop with the wonderful and very entertaining Cathy Daulman in Adelaide in 2000 at the SDU convention - I think it was that long ago, I really am a hoarder! I am not into masks at all, they always spook me, but I can't throw something out that is perfectly usable. Anyway I know someone who will like this ATC so it was worth keeping it all these years.

I haven't used tyvek much but making this has reminded me how versatile it is so I really should get it out more often. I would have stitched it to my cardstock if my sewing machine was working as I used a very lightweight tyvek but the wire probably looks better with the mask anyway!

9 comments:

artisbliss said...

The wire was definitely a good choice. This is really cool.

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow fantastic ATC. Great design.

stampingwitch said...

great look, thanks for sharing and I hope we see more :-)

Danielle D said...

I love the tyvek - it remind me that I have some stashed away that I can play with. It's a great ATC - isn't it a good feeling when you find a use for something you have stashed? (I'm such a stasher!)

freebird said...

I think your card looks great. I'll have to try printing on and ironing a piece of tyvek. I finally got a tyvek envelope in the mail which I can use. Thanks for the idea.

sharon young said...

What a beautiful ATC, Debbi, I love the colours and the mask is the perfct finishing touch, it really works well with the BG, so does the wire sttching, great piece.

e said...

Debbie, the CPS Studid quilt is so stunning. Elaine cooke

Elaine Cooke said...

Debbie, I love your calender girl post card picture. Elaine Cooke

Viola said...

Fantastic ATC!! :-)