Friday 7 December 2007

Mixed Media Monday - Wings

I can't believe this week went so fast - I didn't get anywhere near enough creative or blog time!!

This week's theme at Mixed Media Monday is "wings" so I thought this little canvas would be appropriate, especially given that it is so close to Christmas.

The little angel is a paper napkin (well crumpled), the music sheet background is coloured with Adirondack Color Wash in Butterscotch and there is black fibrous "paper" added as well to create some texture on the left side. The word stamps are all by Oxford Impressions and are stamped on torn tissue. The gold sprinkled in the sealing coat (diluted PVA) is Schmincke Tro-col.

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is really stunning.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Debbi,
Did you ever send me your address so I can send you a Christmas card? To be honest, I'm almost embarrassed to send you one that I've made, but I'm willing to swallow my pride just so I can send you Holiday Greetings! lol

Merry Christmas!
Kari

Andrea said...

it's so amazing!

Yitte said...

It's Beautiful!!!

Diane said...

What can I say, Debbi? Another stunning piece. Diane (MMM)

Natalie B said...

Gorgeous Debbi :-)

Marjo said...

This is really fabulous, just suitable for Christmas card!

Val said...

I'm overwhelmed Debbi with how you use paper napkins! Just wonderful! Val

Rika said...

Fabulous!

Unknown said...

I like the vintage look on this one, it is gorgeous Debbi!

Danielle D said...

I love that angel image - I've seen it before in your work - she's so adaptable. It's a lovely canvas.

evanyberg said...

You make so beautiful things!!!