Monday 23 July 2007

Think Monday - Think ATC - Asia

Well it is the last day for the Asia theme for Think Monday - Think ATC so I am just scraping in.

This is my ATC which is painted canvas paper stitched to felt. The stamping comes from the very large Asian script (Above the Mark) which is in the background and the main image is from a favourite decorator napkin - I love the transparency of napkins. This ATC is similar to some I have made before because I did a whole background sheet and I am progressively cutting it up and turning it into postcards and ATCs!

I worked on several pieces yesterday but didn't finish anything except the ATC so here is a scan of some of the tags I painted with Radiant Pearls - fabulous paints that I love but tend to only use occasionally as they are not sitting on my desk so they get forgotten a bit. Unfortunately the radiance and depth of the paints doesn't show up very well in the scan but they are beautiful in the real thing - the paints blend beautifully and dry by absorption so they tend to be slow drying if you are layering. I hear some people say they don't like the slowness but I think it really helps get the lovely blended look.

Now to go to work - last day of the school holidays for my son so no doubt there will be lots of doom and gloom around here this time tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your ATC - realy nice

Unknown said...

I like the colour of the tags, I am very curious how you wil finish them.

Anonymous said...

Love it.