Sunday 1 July 2007

Fabric Inchies

Here are my finished blue inchies, all mounted (temporarily!) on black cardstock, ready for their travels. Unfortunately I have managed to get a lot of glare and reflection in my photo - so many shiny things on these inchies - angelina fibres, beads, sequins, metallic threads! The picture below is a scan and while the colours are a bit darker than in real life at least the glare is reduced! Can't wait for the next round...

I also had a lot of fun experimenting yesterday with backgrounds for fabric postcards and ATCs. Nothing is finished yet but I'll upload some photos when they are.

I went to the local monthly Trash N' Treasure this morning but the cool grey weather meant there weren't too many sellers. I picked up a great pair of elaborate earrings that will be useful once dis-assembled and also a packet of colourful herbal tea for some paper dye experiments I have planned (well now I do!).

Zach's soccer has been cancelled (the pitch was under water yesterday and couldn't be marked - a very unusual situation here where our annual rainfall is so pitiful it hardly counts!!) and Joseph is heading off into the desert for the week for work purposes so I have a very self-indulgent creative day planned!!

5 comments:

Vintage Papers said...

these are fabulous! gorgeous colors~

Unknown said...

Boy, there are so many of them!!!!looks great!!!!

Jen Crossley said...

Oh Debbi these looks beautiful WHAT alot of work !!!
The overall effect together is stunning
Jen

Marie said...

These look great, love the vibrant colour and texture.... don't know that I could work so small tho! I'm starting to love fabric work too!

rubberdubber said...

Oh my word they are just beautiful!