Friday 18 May 2007

A great mail day!

This week has been just so hectic. I am leaving on Sunday on a work field trip - no computer access either :(( - and won't be back in the office until next Friday so of course that meant the last few days at work have been "full on". A very good friend also came up this week from Perth with her work so I went out with her for drinks and dinner last night. End result - virtually no computer time this week so far and not much art either, but I did have a great time of course.

Today I had a package of goodies arrive that I had ordered last Sunday from KSK - great service considering where I live. I am really looking forward to having a play with all my new bits and pieces. But even better than that, my trade with Barbara arrived in the mail!


Now here I was thinking we were just trading a fabric postcard and Barbara has sent me so much more - all the delights in these pictures (the postcard, an ATC and fabric and lace as well!). They are all stunning Barbara - thank you so much. I am particularly fascinated with the postcard and the way the white layer looks like cake icing. I know it isn't but the effect is fantastic. I'll be asking lots of questions that's for sure.


On Wednesday night I did do a tiny bit of playing when I went around to Annie's for our little Wednesday night stamping session - I am trying to come up with a submission for ArtWords this week - the theme is "figures". I didn't get too far with it though so tomorrow I am going to see if I can finish it off and I'll post a photo.

There are two other things I have to mail by the end of this month - one is for a shape based book exchange that I have joined. My shape is the arch and I have been trying to create a shrine look on the front cover using texture paste. Now that the paste has finally dried (this is one that I should have tried in summer) I have done the first few layers of paint but I need to think about the focal image tomorrow.

I am also working on a Paint/Metal/Fabric project for a one-on-one challenge. I need to have this one to the point where I can take it away with me next week to work on (or at least that is the plan!) at night. It is not as if I am going somewhere where there is nightlife!! (Tiny little remote outback towns have a pub and that is about it).


The beautiful cream journal pages that I have scanned above and below were made for me by the lovely Gaye Triggs. Gaye has a wonderful style and I love these pages. The little pocket on the first page has a sweet little accordion tag booklet in it and it is kept closed by a button threaded on hat elastic. The details are part of what makes Gaye's work so eye-catching.

No comments: