Sunday 8 May 2011

A Mixed Bag - Paintings, Collage and Photos of Perth!


This blog post can only be described as a mixed bag!
Finished (I think!)
Early progress photo
Later progress...
With letter stencilling added
Nearly finished...only highlights to go
First off - a painting I recently completed (I've started about 20 since the painting weekend with Flora Bowley).  It is a small scale painting using learnings and inspiration from Flora's teachings (which are for large scale paintings).  I've included a few progress photos  (underneath the finished painting) to show how it developed.  The last layers involved considerable use of stencils, masks and Tattered Angels Spray products!

Jen's Collage
I recently purchased this lovely collage from Jen (over in the east) and it arrived in the mail on Friday.  


I love the wrapping and the gorgeous laminated bookmarks Jen sent with it (almost as much as I love the collage)! I always have several books "on the go" so bookmarks are always appreciated around here.
And here are some of the many photos I took earlier in the week from the roof of Perth's Central Park building.













 
This is the new BHP building and it is going to be at least as tall as Central Park.  I look out onto this building (from a lot lower down) and it is just fascinating watching a huge building get built!)  You can see the shadow silhouette of our building in this photo.
PS I was going to add captions to them all but just getting all the photos loaded has taken ages! Email me if you have any questions (Perth really is a pretty city).

9 comments:

Shells said...

I love your painting and how you've used previous techniques to create it. :D

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
Have been catching up and nice to see you are back in the swing of textiling.
Must start to use more painting in my pieces. Just had to throw out a number of small jars of paints which had solidified. That hurts.
Like your latest piece very much.
Cheers
SAS

Donna Heart said...

Hey Deb! How are you gorgeous lady ? I love your latest painting - using those stencils looks really great under that layer. And how gorgeous is that mixed media piece you bough t- love that. I noticed she wrapped it in what looks like an old dress pattern - I think I might have to steal that idea - and a great way to recycle and re-use as well ;) Hope you're happy and well, x Donna

Val said...

Hi Debs - Lovely to catchup with what you are creating! Love the painting - I did see you blog about that Workshop you attended - what you have created from it is amazing! Looks sooo intricate with all those layers - pure magic!!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Deb
OMG I love your painting...have no idea how you made it all but the end result is just amazing.Deb with the stencil have you used the inner letter to paint around as its the reverse way a stencil works to me???Interesting indeed.Love your work place and surrounds too...amazing view from up there!!

Ro Bruhn said...

Great photos Debbie. I love your 'Flora' influenced painting. I have two more on the way at present, I have no idea how they will end up.

Elaine said...

Hey Debbi!!!
Fancing meeting you here!
Saw your comment on Leanne Fry's blog and went AHA!! there she is.
Hope life is treating you well, Julie told me you were down in Albany recently. Hope you enjoyed the company!
Love Elaine

Unknown said...

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.Exterior Painters Perth

Anonymous said...

Great Content.I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable information with your post.......
Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection. I love reading your posts. Click Here..