This weekend I managed to make some good progress on my green fabric inchies - this set is finished. The scan is a bit blurry as the inchies are quite dimensional but I couldn't be bothered taking a photo - the scanner is a lot simpler (and closer)! They are quite pretty in real (inchie) life.
I used remnants of the piece of fabric I sunprinted for my April Calendar Girl postcard. It has a sparkly fine brown tulle on top and I've added some decorative stitching and the sequins and bead. I decided to sew on the beads after the inchies were cut and backed with the pelmet vilene plus but it was pretty fiddly stitching them on! An exercise in patience, especially as invisible thread really is!
This next picture is a scan of several other bases that are ready for the next steps - decorating and finishing the edges (only on those that need it!). I have used two pieces of sunprinted fabric (ones I made using plastic lace table runners a little while back), a piece of polyester satin coloured with shiva oil paint sticks and then stamped with a text image, a piece of fabric with that die cut felt fusion on top, fabric covered with sparkly organza and another one cut from a rich plush piece of velvety upholstery fabric. I have another inchie base on the sewing machine as well - hand-dyed silk gifted to me by the wonderful Joanna!
I'll be working on my inchies at Annie's on our regular Wednesday night get together - they are very transportable and will be a good little project for me to focus on (instead of just talking and drooling over Annie's latest book purchases!!).
Today was a good mail day - Carole's "Things that start with the letter L" ATC arrived today. That is the last of the ATCs from that swap for May. Annie has chosen the theme for June and she has provided a mystery material that we are to incorporate into ATCs for the group's June exchange. Watch this space - I have my thinking cap on but as yet I haven't settled on an idea !