Saturday 1 November 2008

I've been on a Blogging Vacation

This week just disappeared for me (once again) so I haven't had time to blog for a few days. I don't feel any obligation to do so but it amazes me when I don't get around to it as I really enjoy it and the contact it brings with others. Makes the world seem much smaller. Anyway I am posting a stamped and stitched card I made for Stamping & Papercraft magazine quite some time ago just so that there is something pretty to look at - I really like pictures on blogs and this is after all a blog about the stuff I make!

Anyway one of the reasons why I haven't had much blogging time as I have been trying to get back into a routine with my walking after a rather long lapse through the winter months. The trouble with walking on my walking machine is that I read while I am doing it so that I don't notice the time and get bored. Then the trouble is that I don't want to stop reading so then I have less time to do other things.

On top of that I have been engrossed in making my sample pieces for the "Textured Surfaces" online workshop that I am doing. I have been playing with house paint, tyvek, molding paste, couching threads, fabrics, stencils, puff paint etc etc and having fun doing it. I am not posting pictures because the samples at this stage all look very bland as they haven't had the glorious painting layers yet. This weekend I start painting and adding colouring so hopefully I will get some blog-worthy results.

And if you don't already read Vicki Welsh's blog, pop over and participate in her fabulous blogoversary give-away (the 28 Oct post) which will be drawn on Nov 6. Vicki is a textile artist (and fabric dyer) and a great blogger who shares lots of information and links to others work that she has discovered in her own blog-hopping forays. Good luck!

2 comments:

Kaz said...

this is a gorgeous card, looking forward to seeing the results of the textured work.
off to check out Vicki's blog now!
:)

Vicki W said...

I exercise the same as you except I use a recombent bike. I motivate myself to do it by only allowing myself to read my quilting and art magazines when I'm exercising. When I messed up my back in August I couldn't exercise for about 9 weeks. I'm just now getting back into the routine again. I'm surprised that I missed it because I HATE exercising! LOL!
Thanks for the plug about the drawing!