Thursday 16 October 2008

Tomorrow is the day!

I have enrolled in my first online course and it starts tomorrow!! In case anyone on the planet hasn't yet heard about it yet, it is called "Textured Surfaces" and is by the extremely talented "Fibre-In-Form" duo of Lynda Monk and Carol McFee. Judging from the action on the associated yahoo group, it is going to be a great group with people from a wide range of countries.

So this week, in amongst making more Oxford Impressions cards (several of which are in various states of completion) and finishing off my April Journal Quilt, I have been busy digging out all the relevant class supplies (I am determined to use what I have rather than buy more!). I am really looking forward to expanding my repertoire in terms of surface embellishment and design.

I have posted off a couple of trades this week but need to wait for them to arrive at their destinations before I post pictures here, so to make this post a little more colourful, here are some needle-felting pieces I have been working on - obviously none are finished yet!

2 comments:

Bethel of Bethania said...

Deb that should be a wonderful class ... I looked at it in wonder but as usual I procrastinated ... love your envelope from your last post & the ATC's are adorable ... I just love the look of that wire as in the flowers but not sure how I'd handle the 'feel' - bit like rust - love the colour but my skin crawls with the feel ... ohh we are such funny creatures.
I look forward to seeing what you do with that beautiful fabric you got at such a steel of a price too...
Looking forward to your first report on your class ... OOroo ... Bethel

Aussie Jo said...

Lovely colours in the needlefelted pieces. Did you use an embellishment machine or hand needle?
That course sounds like great fun.