Sunday 24 August 2008

Creative Wednesday - Children

This week at the new Creative Wednesday site the challenge is to make a little 2 inch square of art using "children" as the theme. I found the two inch size a lot easier than an inchie - sometimes it is hard to find things small enough for a one inch square!

As a result of my recent collage frenzy, I am keeping a large box filled with images, scraps of paper and half made bits and pieces close by and trying to make myself use them first when I start to make something. This little twinchie is made using a scrap from a canvas that I had covered in papers and paint as a background for some little three inch square collages a while back. The little Collections slide mount has been stamped with a text image and the eyelets are "just because"! The stamp of the children is also by Collections (only part of the image is visible).

I made some more sewn collages too - I think I am addicted. I'll share some pictures of them once I add the embellishments. This weekend I have used most of my spare time to make a little ATC sized art journal for an exchange with Carole - I really should have planned it instead of just jumping in and starting because I have had to change direction a couple of times to make it work which has been rather time consuming. I've had a lot of fun with it and I am being very free style-wise as part of my continuing effort to loosen up! It isn't quite finished but I'll post pictures once Carole has received it.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!!!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous Debbie love the stitching.

Teresa Abajo said...

Love your twinchie Debbie!

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

A lovely twinchie, Debbi! I love the way the eyelets allow you to peek at what is underneath.

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi Debbi
Thanks for your blog comment. That piece is now FINISHED!!! but not the other two yet.
I like your 'just because'. Not everything needs deep meaning to be created. Good for you.

Gail said...

Love the twinchie Deb!!!!

Marg said...

Beautiful 2x2 ...great to see you at Creative Wednesday Challenge
Marg

Danielle D said...

Love your twinchie - what an awesome frame a line of black stitching makes. Gorgeous stuff.

I hope you don't me nominating you for an "I Love Your Blog" award - it's here at my blog.

carole brungar said...

HI! I love this little piece you did, it's really cute, (and not normally a "cute" person, except when it comes to baby animals!)

Start the countdown your ATC booklet is on it's way! (I'm getting nervous, I hope you like it!!!)

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful. I too, like this size collage.

Kaz said...

gorgeous little twinchie, this is just fab!