Sunday 27 July 2008

My Sunday

Most unusual for Kalgoorlie but we have had a wet weekend - perfect for staying indoors and playing with creative stuff! I finished four of my felted ATCs (my husband Joseph just shakes his head and looks at me as if I might have suddenly lost the plot!) and started heaps of other things.
I did get this little house finished - it is stamped with one of the lovely images from the new Oxford Impressions Family Man plate and the crown is grungeboard - love using that stuff. The crown has been painted with Super Copper Lumiere paint and then brushed with Black Soot Distress Ink to tone it down. I think it is a nice sort of metallic look.

Last night I finally watched "Marie Antionette" on DVD - I really enjoyed it! My purpose was to prepare for a Marie Antionette themed fabric postcard swap. Lots of ideas bubbling now...

Travelling with work tomorrow (just to Laverton a few hundred kilometres up the road) and I'll be back on Tuesday evening. See you then!

7 comments:

carolann said...

Wow I think the atcs are absolutely stunning hun and i love the little house WTG xxx

Annie said...

The ATC's came out great Deb

sharon young said...

Your ATC's are delightful, Debbi, it was so nice to see them as WIP's and now see them finished.
The little house is lovely too, grungeboard? do tell :-)

Lost Aussie said...

The felted ATC's are gorgeous and I love the way you used the grunge board for the crown on the other one!
xoox
Marie

Night Owl Designs said...

Love love love your little house Debbi, the crown is a great touch!

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Your stitched atc's are sweet and you haven't lost the plot.
Cheers

Danielle D said...

I love the felted ATCs - so vivid and tactile-looking. Steph has just started experimenting with felting, but I'm scared of the stabby tool.

Marie Antoinette is a visual feast, isn't it? I loved it so much.