Saturday 19 April 2008

A bit of This and a Bit of That!


This is one of "those" posts!! The only art I have been making all week (other than my Zentangle ATC for TMTA which I will post separately) has been Oxford Impressions Design Team pieces and I can't share them yet. But what I can share are these pictures of a sunrise I witnessed over my side fence this week (it was even prettier than it looks in the photo as it looked like flames of pink and apricot).


This week I also received my prize from UniqueStitching for the Cancer Council Art Quilt competition and I am thrilled! Cecile has sent me a whole pile of stuff including some things I haven't previously tried. It is all in a lovely rich red / merlot colour scheme - mulberry silk cap, three gorgeous colours of Angelina fibres, dyed silk rods, dyed cocoons, dyed silk hankies, dyed sericin fibres and Textiva Fusible Film. I feel some experimenting coming on!

Suzanne Clarke sent me this lovely ATC trade - the scan is lousy as the sweet little embellishment (all the way from Suzanne's travels in France) is very dimensional. The ATC is a lot more sparkly and textural than it shows on the screen.

This morning I got up very early to make sure I won some US Ebay auctions for some out of print copies of the wonderful Quilting Arts Magazine that I have been chasing for quite a while. They are so good nobody ever seems to sell them! But I had success today so I am now down to needing just one more - No 2 - so if anyone wants to sell theirs, let me know!! (Real likely I know, but worth a try!)

Today I am cleaning my house (and boy does that craft room need some work, this week's efforts have left it looking like a bomb site) and then I am working out a list of all my art commitments for the next month as I have a feeling I have lost track of how many I have before the Art Retreat in Melbourne (which is now only a matter of a few weeks away!!). Lucky next weekend is another Long Weekend in Australia!!

3 comments:

ELMERC said...

Debbie those sunset pictures are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing them. Elaine Cooke

artisbliss said...

Your crafty week sounds like mine. I sure didn't have much to show for myself! Loved the sunset photos.

Julie H said...

I was enjoying this post until you brought up the house work, LOL. Fabulous photo's.