Sunday 9 December 2007

Gothic Arch - Winter

I seem to have trouble getting my Gothic Arches done before the very last day of each theme - I started it late last night but got too tired to finish it. The theme this week is "Winter" and of course it is the middle of summer here and where I live, summers are VERY hot so it was quite nice to think cold and frosty. I have never experienced snow but I love the idea (at least in romantic dreamy terms - not sure I would handle the inconvenience and resulting slush very well!).

I have used a nice very softly coloured and patterned white, lime and blue scrapbook paper as my background and then stamped all over it with text, postmark and snowflake images from the Winter Snow Oxford Impressions stamp plate. I've used beautiful (at least to me they are!) lime and blue chalk inks for the stamping. The very "rugged up" little boy and girl are from the same stamp plate. The black strip is the trimming off a piece of cardstock that I am recycling - the binder holes are an interesting pattern. I also added some leftover white snowflake eyelets that I had bought ages ago for a specific project.

Because I used semi gloss paper for the photograph stamps, my scanner did horrible things to the image so I have photographed it. I find it much harder to get accurate colour using my camera but this is pretty close to the real thing.

15 comments:

Natalie B said...

GORGEOUS DEBBI!!!

Night Owl Designs said...

Soooo cute Debbi! Really like the pale blue & green...

Dot said...

This is lovely Debbi. Gorgeous colors and images. And lovely stamping too!

Gillian said...

Completely Stunning Debbi :)

Sandy said...

Oh Debbie, this is adorable. Very lovely.

Unknown said...

This one is also lovely! I think you did pretty much this week!!!

Angelina said...

Fabulous Arch! Love the background!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes - I am with you on both counts, as the new topic is not posted until midnight Sunday night our time, I usually can't get to it until the following weekend, which ends up being last minute almost every week - it is a bit wierd doing the opposite seasons - you did a GREAT JOB Debbi, it's lovely

Nicole H-b said...

Fabulous arch I love the colors!!!!

Myra said...

For someone who has never experienced snow you captured the "feel" of it perfectly in this card. Beautiful!

Barbara said...

...love the stamping....and by the way...my Inches for you are ready...look and see...Warmly Barbara

Barbara said...

...love the stamping....and by the way...my Inches for you are ready...look and see...Warmly Barbara

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Love the background! The images are so sweet. Superb!

Jen Crossley said...

Gorgeous Debbi Its beautiful
Jen

Danielle D said...

Oh, lovely! Love the combination of colours - so icy and wintery.