Sunday 7 October 2007

Inchies - Rust & Finished Fibre Postcards

This week's theme at Inching Artists is Rust and, as I love the rusted look, I really enjoyed this theme! I have used rusted paper bought from Dale at The Thread Studio. I stamped it with text, swirls and texture stamps and then edged it with a deep blue chalk ink. I also added touches of orange and teal Starburst Stains as they emphasize the rusted colours and finished by gluing on "found" square rusted washers. I found these in the carpark when I was doing Beryl Taylor's workshops back in August. (I am probably going to do myself major damage with my tendency to always look at ground level!!)

I have also painted a canvas board to display these inchies - I have used Lumiere paints first and then added the same Starburst Stains and also some Verdigris Tintz to give a nice rich background. The scan is a bit blurry - maybe I should try and photograph them.

This is a scan of my finished "Patterns" Fibre Postcards - thanks to my new sewing machine, finishing them was a breeze! These are based on Macro-Suede upholstery fabric coloured with Shiva Oil Sticks, covered with deep blue organza and then stitched and beaded.

Now I must get back to my Circle Journal pages...

6 comments:

Myra said...

Wow Debbi! I love what you did with this weeks theme. Just lovely - who knew that rust could be so pretty? Oh, thanks for the comment on mine as well.

evanyberg said...

Your inchies are wonderful!!!
And the blue lovely postcards are just great!!

Dianne said...

I too LOVE rusting, I pick up anything rustable on the street.
Very lovely piece of rust...
The postcards lovely nice movement with the colours..

Kate North said...

nice! Rusted paper, eh? another thing for The List :)

Danielle said...

I love them - gorgeous verdigris colours.

Anonymous said...

woohoo ... these inchies and postcards are just stunning!