Wednesday 15 August 2007

My Day...

I don't like to start with a whinge but I woke up this morning with a head cold and an achy body - I hate feeling "off", especially on holidays! Anyway it has meant that I have not been as productive as I was planning but overall it was still a nice relaxed (slow) day.

I finished my first ATC using the embellisher - and wow, this could get addictive! I took a short-cut and used a piece from a previous experiment (first and second photos). I added purple lurex mesh and beautiful Welsh fibres and went wild with the machine. I love the way the top fibres show up on the reverse side in a nice muted way - I can imagine that for some things it would be the side you would choose. I finished this piece by sewing on small seed beads and finishing the edges and it is now on its way to lovely Diana in Ontario. The third photo is the final result and you really can't tell it was lurex mesh that created the shiny effect on one side. I think it is OK for a first effort.

Felt with snippets of fabric and mesh, covered with organza and free motioned stitched.

Sandwich burnt back through top layer (using wood burning tool) and then
painted at either end with various colours of Twinkling H2Os.


Finished Embellisher ATC

I continued working on components of my sister's gift (photos will have to wait until it is finished and posted!) and on a few ATCs as well. I spent ages looking for small images for a jigsaw swap I have to get finished in the next few weeks and in the afternoon when Zach got home from school, we went into town for haircuts and I posted off several arty posts (including one for Peggy which I thought I had posted a couple of weeks ago!).

It was a very cold day here and I decided not to risk making my cold any worse by going to Annie's for our Wednesday evening stamping session - instead I am going to have an early night and finish reading Marlena de Blasi's "Tuscan Secrets" (on loan from my Mum - this is the second in a series of three about Marlena's life and they are just fabulous - a life lived with passion and exuberance!).

The photo below is of lovely fibre ATC from Peggy which I received today (and which made me check whether I had posted mine to her!) - Peggy has fortunately provided me with a translation of the message which goes something along the lines of - "Sometimes you have to open the door to let luck come in". A very timely reminder. Thanks Peggy!

2 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Debbi I love what you have done you always inspire me with new and wonderful ideas.
I take my hat off to you
I hope you feel better soon
Jen

Marie said...

Fab ATCs Debbi - love the idea of using a wood burning tool - have just started playing with my machine but would love to swap ATCS ..... :)))