Thursday 30 August 2007

Fabulous Reading Material!

In the last couple of days I have received some fabulous reading material - firstly, I bought Beate Knappe's "Embellisher Workshop" and then the first issue of the Fibre & Stitch Zine was launched yesterday.
I have only read bits so far but both are really interesting and informative. The Zine, in particular, is a huge 62 pages and has a fantastic array of projects and technique articles and I am sure it will be a great success. If you haven't subscribed yet and you are even remotely interested in fibre/textile art and surface design/embellishment I am sure you would love it. It is really excellent value! I only dabble but I am so inspired by it I want to stay home and play!


Congratulations to Lynda Monk, Sue Bleiweiss, Terri Stegmiller, Carol McFee & Margaret Roberts on your first issue - it must have been a LOT of work! And now we'll all be dying for the second issue to come out!

Last night at Annie's I concentrated on beading my embellisher postcards which I had hoped to finish on the weekend. Apologies to my fellow traders for those - I am running late! So in the absence of anything new and finished to include here, I have included a scan of a canvas piece I did a while back - it is one of my favourites as it incorporates so many of my loves - canvas, napkins, stamping, paints etc.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Debbi, glad your enjoying the first issue!

Digitalgran said...

Thanks for your lovely comments Debbie.

Unknown said...

Thank's for the lovely coments Debbi,

Terri Stegmiller said...

Thank you Debbi, your review gives us great encouragement and we look forward to bringing more great issues to you.

Purple Missus said...

Thanks Debbi for giving Fibre & Stitch a mention. Hope you enjoy it.
I too bought Beates book, its great isn't it, so colourful. I do admire what she does on the Embellisher and Sara Lechners work too is wonderful.

kelly rae said...

that canvas is lovely. i love the vintage aged look to it. thank you for your sweet message. you are so dear!

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi,
I agree with you on fibre and and stitch. It is a treath. I love you're canvas piece!!!

Jane P said...

Just love your new pieces, and have just subscribed to fibre and stitch. Maybe they can help me with those edges on postcards, as I do need to learn how!!!!