Wednesday 25 July 2007

Wednesday Stamper & My Mail Today!

The current Wednesday Stamper Theme is an open one so this is my piece.

It is a collage on a canvas board and uses an Oxford Impressions stamp (Passaporto) and a Lazar Studiowerx image (the antique compass image that is cut into three pieces and placed around the edges of the canvas). The background is a copy of an old map (I forget what the process is called when you get the blue effect in the photocopying!) and I have uncharacteristically, and much to Joseph's distress, added white fibres around the edge. I have also added one of my favourite little metal rings as it makes me think of portholes.

(Jacqueline's wonderful package)

Today was a totally fabulous mail day - I came home to a wonderful selection of fibre ATCs, a tag and special embellished fabric piece for our latest exchange from Jacqueline, a wonderful box of things, including a great card, a packet of beautiful napkins and the cutest dress styled notepad, from my wonderful friend but non-blogger :(( Sue Smith in Albany (who incidentally has another great article "Rustic Charm" in the latest Stamping & Papercraft), my ribbon order from Really Just Ribbons, a gorgeous tag book for a round robin that I am participating in, my collection of "inchies" from the recent blue inchie swap, a bag of yummy stuff from the inchie swap and, to top it all off, a carton of champagne from my wine club. AND no bills!!
(Sue's card and gifts plus Inchie Goodie Bag from Pamela Gilfoyle)

(My ribbon and ric rac order from Really Just Ribbons)

Tomorrow I will post a photo of all the wonderful blue inchies - I want to assemble them for a photo as they are just gorgeous and look spectacular all together!

PS Last night I decided to try and work out the whole banner thing - I really wanted to use this piece of my artwork for Oxford Impressions and I think it looks OK although I will probably try and make it smaller (or maybe just go back to my plain header!). Whatever I decide I am glad I worked it out even if it did mean I didn't get anything else done!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, great warm blue colours!

Unknown said...

The banner looks great!!! I still couldn't find time to try it again. The collage is also beutifull, I like it very much.

Dymphie said...

Love the blue of your canvas. Gorgeous work!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marie said...

I agree - great banner! Love your new work - and you're always so productive!!

stamp and scrape said...

The monochrome is gorgeous - leave the fibres on...
Ros

gaby braun said...

I love the blue card and all the pretty things you do.

Judy said...

Gasp gasping for air Debbie, the blue postcard canvas is the most outstanding piece. I would love to see it irl - it must be so so amazing to see.

Sija said...

Wonderful work!