Tuesday 8 May 2007

A Gel Medium Transfer


I couldn't get on the computer last night as Zach was researching stuff for a history assignment. What he thought would take an hour or so, took a lot longer! So I had a computer-free night ( a bit like an alcohol free night I guess - might not be a lot of fun, but probably good for you!).

Anyway I started looking for a particular something in my stamping room (old coins) and I lost so much of the evening when I couldn't find them. The stuff I did find though! Wow, now I have lots more ideas to pursue ...

One of the yahoo groups I belong to has announced that a commitment to participation is going to be a requirement of continued membership. I always have good intentions regarding participation but I am usually so far behind reading digests on these groups that it becomes a bit pointless to try and contribute to the discussions. Anyway this is a great little group so I am going to make an effort to stay in it! The current topic is transfers and I have a real addiction to trying every sort of transfer I can find, so today I loaded this scan of a gel medium transfer I did a while back. It is of my maternal grandparents (Ethel and Harold) and it is a favourite image of mine. The text is an Oxford Impressions image and the whole transfer is covered with bridal tulle and I have used gesso to soften the overall look.

(Mum - if you are reading this, I hope you like it!)

1 comment:

Natalie B said...

Debbi this is so lovely!! Wonderful that you could use a photo of your own family. I love the overall affect. I am always stumped as to how to blend the transfers into a picture. You have done this so beautifully, it just looks so serene.